Thursday, April 5, 2012

Further Progression

Every positive moment seem to be followed by a negative. Mom has taken quite a jump with her symptoms in the last few weeks. At least from my point of view, it seams like a large jump. Her gait is a lot worse. This morning she got up early, and didn't page me like usual, and didn't take the pager pendant with her either. I went in to wake her and found her on the floor in front of the toilet. She said she had been there for a while but couldn't yell for help. Thankfully she was unhurt, save for a bruised elbow. Lucky again. I again lectured her about letting me know when she needs to get up. I'm pretty sure it went in one ear and out the other. She is definitely showing some personality changes. This situation ties in with another worsened condition. Her speech and swallowing are much worse. I can barely make out anything she says, and more times than not she just gives up after I extinguish my guesses. She gets so frustrated. I do too. She has also been choking on everything, but especially the liquids. As if that's not enough her vision has gotten a lot worse too. She mostly just stares at the ceiling and listens to the TV or her kindle. She has been getting confused more often too. I fear its more than I know due to the lack of communication. I know we have a rough road ahead, and the inability to communicate with mom is really weighing heavy on my heart. I wish we could find a way around it, but the other symptoms all block any alternatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment