Friday, March 30, 2012

Post Vacation Update

Mom riding down the beach in the Camaro







 Well Mom made it to Florida. I had debated about cancelling the trip, but the family and I thought we should try it. Mom continued to have major swings in her symptoms. The plane ride was a little rough on her but she did bounce back. And she said she had a good time. We rented a convertible. We took a few rides along the beach with the top down, and let mom's hair fly in the wind.








Breakfast at my Wife's Brothers House

The first night we stopped to visit with my wife's brother, sister, niece and nephew. They were so sweet, and made us a few great meals and made mom a birthday cake. She ate pretty well the rest of the week. I had to continuously hound her about drinking and eating, but she was a good sport. I probably drive her crazy, but I just worry. She had a lot of seafood. We ate at a marina restaurant that was over the water on a pier, and at Bubba Gump Shimp. We also ate a racer cafe, where you sat in an old stock car from NASCAR.



Mom watching the dolphins.
Mom really liked the Shamu Show
We spent a day at Sea World. Mom did well, and I think she really enjoyed it. She went to the Dolphin show, and the Shamu Show. Everything was handicap accessible. All the shows had an area set up for wheelchairs, that was close to the front row and shaded. I was impressed with how nice the park was setup.


The Condo was beautiful, and mom had her own room. For once she didn't spend much time in her room. She did spend time out on the patio with us. It was a beautiful view, even thought the beach was on the other side of the condo.
Sunset from the Patio
 
I know the trip really tired her out, but I know she had a good time. The kids, mom, my wife and I, all made some great memories on the trip. We had a few nights riding in the car just being silly and we had mom laughing so hard she could barley catch her breath. Hearing mom laugh is a rare occurrence nowadays. That alone made the trip worth it.




No comments:

Post a Comment