Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I will never understand this damn disease!

After a really good day yesterday, I wake Mom at 6AM for her morning meds, and I can tell before she even gets up that something is off. I help her get out of bed and she is extremely stiff and moving very slowly. It feels like we went through a time warp, because Mom is exactly how she was 4 days ago. She is having difficulty walking, speech is slurred and almost incomprehensible, and her eyes are fixed staring upward. It took us over an hour to get her to the restroom and back to bed. After I helped her into bed she says to me, "Danny, you have the patients of Jobe." She also said she doesn't understand why she cant make herself move faster. I just don't understand how one day can be so good and in less than 24 hours she is back to a bad day.

Its still early today, and I can only hope that when she wakes back up, it will be a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment